If you’re worried about keeping active, shift your mindset from working out for ‘exercise’ to working out for ‘fun’! When you do something you love that just happens to be active, rather than pushing yourself to do types of exercise you don’t really enjoy, you’re likely to feel happier and less daunted by your workouts.
One study showed that people who were asked to walk a mile ‘to have fun’ felt less fatigued and were in a better mood than those who were asked to walk the same distance for ‘exercise’. So, focus on fun and enjoying what you do, and you’ll be more motivated to get moving.
Why not try:
• Walking around the park to enjoy the fresh air and changing seasons.
• Getting family or friends together to enjoy quality time for a kick-about.
• Taking a dip in an indoor or outdoor pool and imagining you’re on holiday.
• Meeting your BFF at a dance class for a boogie to your favourite tunes.
• Trying some fun childhood activities like skipping, hula-hooping, or hop-scotch!