Find what moves you (and makes you smile!)
If you’re worried about keeping active as we head into winter, shift your mindset from working out for ‘exercise’ to working out for ‘fun’! When you do something you love that just happens to be active, rather than pushing yourself to do types of exercise you don’t really enjoy, you’re likely to feel happier and less daunted by your workouts.
One study showed that people who were asked to walk a mile ‘to have fun’ felt less fatigued and were in a better mood than those who were asked to walk the same distance for ‘exercise’. So, focus on fun and enjoying what you do, and you’ll be more motivated to get moving.
Why not try:
• Walking around the park to enjoy the crisp air and changing seasons.
• Getting family or friends together to enjoy quality time at an ice rink.
• Taking a dip in an indoor pool and imagining you’re on holiday somewhere warm.
• Meeting your BFF at a dance class for a boogie to your favourite tunes.
• Hitting the slopes at an indoor ski centre to get a taste of winter weather.