15 Mediterranean recipes
The Mediterranean diet has been associated with improved health including reduced risk of heart disease. Mediterranean recipes feature lots of vegetables, fruits, beans, wholegrains, nuts, fish and olive oil.
Even if you can’t live in the Greek isles, you can eat as if you do by simply...
- Learning to cook with olive oil instead of butter.
- Enjoying a wide range of vegetables with every meal.
- Eating legumes (such as chickpeas and kidney beans) and wholegrains.
- Consuming at least two serves of fish a week (oily fish, such as tuna, salmon, is best for a dose of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids).
- Serving up red meat only one or two times a week.
- Choosing fresh fruit every day and nuts for snacks.
- Dolloping on 99% fat-free plain yoghurt for healthy bones and protein.
- Saving sweets for special occasions.
Quick tip: If you’re trying to cut back on salt, substitute reduced-salt products such as sauces, stocks and canned vegetables in our recipes without affecting the SmartPoints®. You can also omit seasoning the recipe with salt during cooking and at the table.