Mediterranean chickpea burgers
Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 400g can, (2 x 400g cans)
1½ cup(s), (180g) coarsely grated
Semi dried tomatoes, not in oil
¼ cup(s), (15g) finely chopped
1 medium, lightly beaten
2 tbs, chopped
¼ cup(s), (20g)
¼ tsp, (pinch)
1 clove(s), chopped
Whole grain bread roll
4 individual, (4 x 50g) split
2 medium, sliced
- Preheat a barbecue over medium heat. Cook capsicum on grill, turning, for 15–20 minutes or until skin blisters and chars. Place in a plastic bag and set aside to cool. Peel and discard skin. Coarsely chop flesh.
- Meanwhile, process chickpeas in a food processor until almost smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add zucchini, semi-dried tomato, egg and basil and mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Press patties into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Drizzle flat plate with oil. Cook patties for 4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Cook rolls, cut-side down, on grill for 1 minute or until light golden.
- Process capsicum, mayonnaise, paprika and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place roll bases on serving plates. Top with rocket, fresh tomato, patties and capsicum mayonnaise. Sandwich with roll tops to serve.