Moroccan salmon with roasted carrot, beetroot and freekeh salad
1 tsp, sweet
2 medium, thinly sliced diagonally
200 g, (1 cup) wholegrain
480 g, (4x120g) boneless
1 medium, segmented
1½ tsp, to serve
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine cumin, ground coriander, paprika and cinnamon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and place on prepared tray. Bake for 30 minutes. Add carrots to tray. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mix. Bake for 20 minutes or until beetroot and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook freekeh in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Lightly spray salmon with oil and sprinkle with remaining spice mix. Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover salmon with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Peel beetroot and cut into wedges. Combine beetroot, freekeh, carrot, fresh coriander and orange segments (and any juice) in a bowl. Top salad with salmon and sprinkle with rind to serve.