30 picnic recipe ideas for this spring
There's nothing better than packing a big rug and an esky full of delicious food to enjoy in the great outdoors! The art of choosing the right foods for a picnic can be tricky, but our suggestions will ensure it's fuss free and one to remember.
Whether it's a romantic date, a family outing or a fun day with friends, a picnic is always a great idea. To make sure that your picnic is a success, here are some tips on how to choose the right foods:
- Choose foods that are easy to transport and won't spoil quickly. Finger foods like sandwiches, wraps, and salads are perfect for picnics. Avoid foods that need to be kept at a specific temperature, like dairy products or ice cream.
- Pack foods in airtight containers to keep them fresh and prevent any spills. Mason jars are a great option for salads, while Tupperware containers work well for sandwiches and wraps.
- Don't forget to bring some snacks and drinks to keep you hydrated and satisfied throughout the day. Fresh fruits like watermelon and berries are a healthy and refreshing option.
- Your esky or cooler bag will stay colder if it’s full so fill any empty space with frozen water bottles.
- Discard any food that has been left out for more than 2 hours.
- To keep salad crisp, transport the dressing in a separate container and toss the salad just before you're ready to eat.
- When making a wrap, keep the filling on the dry side so your sandwiches won't get soggy. Roll your wraps in foil so that as you eat, you can fold down or peel away the foil without losing any filling.
By following these simple tips, you'll be able to create the perfect picnic spread and enjoy a wonderful day outdoors with your loved ones.