Mini sausage rolls
SmartPoints® value per serving
2 whole, finely chopped
Extra lean pork sausage
8 thin, (8 x 58g sausages)
Uncooked filo pastry
3 sheet(s), (3 x 15g sheets)
1 medium, lightly beaten
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly spray a medium frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook eschalots, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Remove skin from sausages. Combine sausages and eschalots in a large bowl.
- Lightly spray 1 filo sheet with oil. Top with another sheet and spray with a little more oil. Top with a third filo sheet. Trim edges and cut filo stack in half crossways.
- Place one-half of sausage mixture along one long edge of one stack. Lightly brush edges of stack with water. Roll to enclose filling and cut into 6 rolls. Repeat with remaining filo and sausage mixture to make 12 rolls.
- Place rolls on prepared tray. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.