Chip-crusted cheese wheel
WW Soy and Chickpea Chips, Cheese and Onion
1 bag(s), (20g), crushed (see tip)
reduced fat oil spread
1 tbs, melted
1 tbs, thinly sliced
light cream cheese
½ cup(s), (125g)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
1½ tbs, chopped
garlic, dried, powder or flakes
Cayenne pepper, ground
⅛ tsp, (pinch)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 12cm round springform tin with oil and line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine crushed chips and spread in a small bowl. Press chip mixture evenly over base of prepared tin. Place tin on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook shallot, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened (do not brown). Set aside to cool.
- Process cream cheese in a small food processor until smooth. Add yoghurt, flour, 1 tablespoon chives, shallots, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and egg and process until well combined.
- Pour cheese mixture over baked base. Sprinkle top with remaining chives. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set (the cheese wheel should still have a definite wobble in the centre).
- Turn oven off and leave cheese wheel inside with door slightly ajar to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from tin and serve.