Chargrilled vegetable picnic cob
1 medium, quartered
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
250 g, thinly sliced lengthways
250 g, cut widthways into 8 slices
1 medium, halved crossways, thinly sliced lengthways
97% fat-free cottage cheese
130 g, (2/3 cup)
¼ cup(s), chopped
240 g, (buy 4x115g rolls)
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Toss capsicum with 1 teaspoon oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12–15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Wrap in foil and set aside to cool slightly. Peel and discard capsicum skin.
- Toss pumpkin and eggplant with half the oil. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Transfer to a plate. Toss zucchini with remaining oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine cottage cheese and basil in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a serrated knife, trim one-third off the top of each roll. Reserve lids. Remove soft bread from inside each roll, leaving a 1cm-thick shell (see tip).
- Divide half the eggplant among rolls. Top with pumpkin (cutting to fit if necessary), semi-dried tomatoes and cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining eggplant, followed by zucchini and capsicum, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with reserved lids. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap.
- Place rolls on a large plate or a baking tray. Top with another plate or tray and a heavy weight (such as 2–3 cans of food). Refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature to serve.