Zucchini in creamy tomato-poblano sauce
Canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, (1 can), fire-roasted variety
1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
1½ pound(s), quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Light sour cream
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
- 1 Preheat broiler. Line bottom of broiler pan with foil. Place poblanos in prepared pan. Broil 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until skin blisters, about 10 minutes. Wrap poblanos in foil and let steam about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel poblanos, remove stems and seeds, and dice.
- 2 Meanwhile, puree tomatoes in blender or food processor.
- 3 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 4 minutes. Add chili powder and cook, stirring frequently, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4 Stir in tomato puree, poblanos, zucchini, salt, and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in sour cream and cilantro.
- Serving size: (1 1/4 cups)