Watermelon "cake" with summer fruit and raspberry sauce
½ large, seedless (crosswise section), rind removed
1 small, halved, peeled, and seeded
3 medium, peeled and sliced
2 cup(s), (1 pint)
2 cup(s), raw, (1 pint), hulled and halved
unsweetened frozen raspberries
3 cup(s), (1 bag, about 12 ounces), thawed
- Cut watermelon into 1½-inch-thick rounds. Stack rounds on serving plate so they resemble a cake.
- With melon baller, scoop out balls from cantaloupe. Decorate top of watermelon and plate with cantaloupe, kiwifruits, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Combine raspberries, orange juice, and sugar in blender; pulse until smooth. Pour mixture through fine sieve set over small bowl. With spoon, press on solids to extract all juice; discard seeds.
- To serve, cut watermelon “cake” into 16 wedges and serve with raspberry sauce.
- Per serving: 1 1/2 cups fruit and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce