Watermelon “Cake” with Summer Fruit and Raspberry Sauce
- Total Time
fresh watermelon½ large, seedless (crosswise section), rind removed
cantaloupe1 small, halved, peeled, and seeded
kiwifruit(s)3 medium, peeled and sliced
fresh blueberries2 cup(s), (1 pint)
strawberries2 cup(s), raw, (1 pint), hulled and halved
unsweetened frozen raspberries3 cup(s), (1 bag, about 12 ounces), thawed
orange juice⅓ cup(s)
- Cut watermelon into 1½-inch-thick rounds. Stack rounds on serving plate so they resemble a cake.
- With melon baller, scoop out balls from cantaloupe. Decorate top of watermelon and plate with cantaloupe, kiwifruits, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Combine raspberries, orange juice, and sugar in blender; pulse until smooth. Pour mixture through fine sieve set over small bowl. With spoon, press on solids to extract all juice; discard seeds.
- To serve, cut watermelon “cake” into 16 wedges and serve with raspberry sauce.
- Per serving: 1 1/2 cups fruit and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce