Warm Beer and Cheese Fondue
- 12 fl oz light beer, canned or bottled
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 pound(s) low fat cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, warm beer until it boils; stir in mustard and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss cheese with flour. Slowly add cheese to beer mixture, stirring. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and thick, about 6 minutes total. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving. (Tip: Serve this dip with cubes or rolled slices of lean ham and smoked turkey as well as carrots, celery sticks, baked tortilla chips or cubes of crusty bread.)