Swap in any veggies you have on hand – even leftover roasted vegetables work if you add them in with the spinach just to heat through.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked bell pepper(s), red or/and yellow, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 5 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 large egg(s), whisked with a pinch of salt and pepper
Heat oil over medium heat in a small omelet pan. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, 3-5 minutes. Add spinach and thyme to pan; toss to wilt spinach, 20 seconds. Remove vegetables to a bowl; set aside.
Wipe pan clean. Off heat, coat same pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add egg; swirl to spread egg over pan and cook until bottom is set and top is nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes. Top omelet with vegetable mixture. Fold omelet over; cook 1-2 minutes more.
Makes 1 omelet.