Vegetable and turkey kofta kebabs with garlic-yogurt sauce
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 small clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
1 tsp, divided
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
2 small, cut into chunks
Uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium, grated
Dried plain breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Fresh mint leaves
1 Tbsp, finely chopped
Cooked white rice
- Coat broiler pan with cooking spray; place in oven 4 to 5 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler. If using wooden skewers, soak 8 of them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, toss together tomatoes, zucchini, oil and 1/4 tsp salt; thread onto four skewers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, mint, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, allspice and remaining rounded 1/2 tsp salt; mix well with your hands. Divide mixture into 16 equal-sized balls; thread four balls onto each of four remaining skewers.
- Broil skewers, flipping once, until tomatoes are blistered and an instant-read thermometer inserted into kofte reads 165°F, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Serve skewers over rice, drizzled with yogurt sauce.
- Serving size: 1 skewer each kofte and vegetables, 1/2 c rice, 2 Tbsp yogurt sauce