Tropical-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Coconut
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 5 min
Here’s a sweet spin on stuffed baked potatoes. The toasted coconut adds a nice, nutty-tasting crunch.
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
4 medium, scrubbed
½ cup(s), golden variety, diced
2 Tbsp, chopped
Fresh lime juice
Sweetened coconut flakes
4 tsp, chopped, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet; pierce each one several times with a fork. Bake until a knife easily pierces potato, 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven; leave oven on.
- When potatoes have cooled slightly, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out flesh into a medium bowl and reserve skins; mash flesh. Add pineapple, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt to bowl; stir to combine.
- Evenly spoon potato mixture into reserved potato skins; arrange on baking sheet and bake until heated through, 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven; sprinkle each half with 1/2 tsp toasted coconut.
- Serving size: 1 stuffed potato half
Garnish with cilantro and/or lime zest.Add some diced smoked ham or smoked turkey to filling for a main dish stuffed potato (will affect SmartPoints).