Tomato mozzarella skewers
WW Light part-skim mozzarella string cheese
1 cup(s), plus 4 basil leaves cut into quarters
½ medium clove(s)
Extra virgin olive oil
Canned low-sodium chicken broth
½ fl oz, ( 1 Tbsp)
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Thread a tomato onto skewer.
- Follow with 1 piece of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 piece of basil.
- Repeat pattern until skewer is full ending with a tomato.
- Once 4 skewers have been prepared set aside.
- Prepare pesto.
- Chop garlic in a food processor until minced, about 15 seconds.
- Add basil, olive oil, chicken broth, pine nuts, Parmesan, salt and pepper and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Serve skewers with pesto
- Serving size: 1 skewer and 1 tbsp pesto