Tomato Mozzarella Skewers
- Total Time
grape tomatoes20 medium
Weight Watchers Light low moisture part skim mozzarella string cheese4 stick(s)
basil1 cup(s), plus 4 basil leaves cut into quarters
garlic clove(s)½ medium clove(s)
extra virgin olive oil1 Tbsp
canned low-sodium chicken broth½ fl oz, ( 1 Tbsp)
pine nuts1 Tbsp
grated Parmesan cheese1 Tbsp
kosher salt¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
- Thread a tomato onto skewer.
- Follow with 1 piece of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 piece of basil.
- Repeat pattern until skewer is full ending with a tomato.
- Once 4 skewers have been prepared set aside.
- Prepare pesto.
- Chop garlic in a food processor until minced, about 15 seconds.
- Add basil, olive oil, chicken broth, pine nuts, Parmesan, salt and pepper and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Serve each skewer with 1 tablespoon pesto.