This crisp, colorful stir-fry is a tasty way to eat your vegetables. As seasons change, swap in your favorite, seasonal picks.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 pound(s) extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), green and white parts, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium green pepper(s), diced
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) Cremini mushrooms, or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
Coat a large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and tofu; stir-fry until tofu is browned on all sides, about 2 minutes.
Add scallions, peppers, carrots and mushrooms; stir-fry until vegetables are tender and mushrooms release their juice, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add soy sauce; stir and cook 1 minute more.
Serve tofu mixture over rice. Yields about 1 1/2 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice per serving.