- 3 small uncooked red potato(es), cut in half or quartered if large
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, fresh, chopped, or to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
Preheat toaster oven to 400ºF.
Arrange potatoes and onion in a shallow, 9-inch round or rectangular baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour in broth; sprinkle with thyme.
Cover dish loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove foil and flip potatoes and onion; drizzle with oil. Roast until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- Use new potatoes, fingerling potatoes or blue potatoes for this recipe. For a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.