- 10 oz angelfood cake, about 10-inches round
- 8 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate, finely grated
- 4 fl oz brewed espresso, (1/2 cup) or strong coffee
Using a serrated knife, cut angel food cake into 12 equal slices; set aside.
In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine both cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla. Mix until blended and smooth. Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl; set aside. Pour espresso into a shallow dish.
Dip 4 cake slices into espresso mixture and turn to coat. Place slices crosswise in bottom of an 8-inch loaf pan and press cake down to coat bottom (break up cake if necessary to coat surface).
Gently spread 1/3 cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.
Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.