Tilapia with Warm Sherry Vinaigrette and Wild Rice 2
- Total Time
uncooked wild rice blend¾ cup(s)
uncooked bell pepper(s)½ cup(s), red variety, finely diced
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked tilapia fillet(s)20 oz, 4 (5-oz fillets)
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked shallot(s)1 medium, minced
sherry vinegar1 Tbsp
fat free vegetable broth¾ cup(s)
chives2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
- Cook rice blend according to package directions, adding bell pepper during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle fillets with salt and black pepper. Add fillets to skillet and cook, shaking skillet constantly for first 30 seconds to prevent sticking, until browned and crispy on bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook just until opaque in center, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to platter.
- To make vinaigrette, set same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 1 minute. Add vinegar and bring to boil. Add broth and bring to simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in chives.
- Pour sauce over fillets and serve with rice.
- Per serving: 1 tilapia fillet, 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, and about 1/2 cup rice