Tilapia with Warm Sherry Vinaigrette and Wild Rice
Uncooked wild rice blend
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
½ cup(s), red variety, finely diced
Uncooked tilapia fillet(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-oz fillets)
1 medium, minced
Fat free vegetable broth
2 Tbsp, chopped fresh
- Cook rice blend according to package directions, adding bell pepper during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle fillets with salt and black pepper. Add fillets to skillet and cook, shaking skillet constantly for first 30 seconds to prevent sticking, until browned and crispy on bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook just until opaque in center, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to platter.
- To make vinaigrette, set same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 1 minute. Add vinegar and bring to boil. Add broth and bring to simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in chives.
- Pour sauce over fillets and serve with rice.
- Per serving: 1 tilapia fillet, 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce, and about 1/2 cup rice