- 1 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, fresh, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/4 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), cut into 4 wedges
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat; add pineapple, scallions and mint (do not stir). Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds; fluff rice with a fork. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over rice. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- Sprinkle with salt before serving if desired.