- Total Time
These crunchy berry-flavored cookies are a wonderful finish to any Italian meal.
white all-purpose flour1 ⅝ cup(s)
whole-grain yellow cornmeal¼ cup(s)
ground cinnamon¾ tsp
baking soda¾ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
shelled pistachio nuts⅔ cup(s), roughly chopped
egg white(s)1 large
vanilla extract1 ¼ tsp
strawberries8 medium, hulled, pureed
freeze-dried strawberries1 cup(s), crumbled if large
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse flour, cornmeal, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in food processor until well-combined. Add pistachios; pulse a few times until combined.
- Add eggs, egg white and vanilla extract; pulse until well blended. Transfer dough to a bowl; fold in strawberry puree and freeze-dried strawberries. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead and roll into 16-inch-long log (dough will be soft and slightly sticky).
- Transfer dough to prepared pan; flatten log to 1-inch thickness. Bake until light brown and cracked on top, 30-35 minutes. Transfer pan to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Transfer warm log to work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut log on a sharp diagonal into 24 even slices (about 1/3-inch-thick each); arrange on baking sheet. Bake until firm and crispy, about 10 minutes per side; transfer cookies to cooling rack (biscotti will harden while cooling).
- Serving size: 1 biscotti