Strawberry-Lemon Baked Doughnuts
- Total Time
Use fresh strawberries in this recipe - frozen berries will give off a lot of water and could result in mushy doughnuts.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
sugar2 Tbsp, granulated
low-fat milk¼ cup(s), (1%)
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
vanilla extract1 tsp
white all-purpose flour¾ cup(s)
lemon zest2 tsp, finely grated
baking powder1 tsp
table salt½ tsp
strawberries⅓ cup(s), raw, fresh, cut into very small pieces
freeze-dried strawberries⅓ cup(s), roughly crumbled
powdered sugar1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a regular size 6-hole doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar. Add milk, lemon juice and vanilla; whisk well.
- Add flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt to bowl; stir well. Add fresh strawberries to batter; gently fold to incorporate.
- Evenly divide batter in prepared pan by pouring 1/3 c batter into each hole. Or you can place batter in a zip-close plastic bag, cut off a corner and pipe into pan.
- Bake for 16 minutes; remove from oven and let cool in pan, about 10 minutes. Using a knife, gently nudge doughnuts around edges to remove them from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with crumbled freeze-dried berries; dust with powdered sugar.
- Serving size: 1 doughnut