Strawberry-lemon baked donuts
2 Tbsp, granulated
¼ cup(s), (1%)
Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp, finely grated
⅓ cup(s), raw, fresh, cut into very small pieces
⅓ cup(s), roughly crumbled
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 6-slot silicone donut pan (¼-cup capacity each) with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg and granulated sugar. Add milk, lemon juice and vanilla; whisk well.
- Add flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt to bowl; stir well. Add fresh strawberries to batter; gently fold to incorporate.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared pan with a spoon (or you can place batter in a zip-close plastic bag, cut off a corner and pipe into pan).
- Bake for 16 minutes; remove from oven and let cool in pan, about 10 minutes. Using a knife, gently nudge donuts around edges to remove them from pan.
- When cool, sprinkle with crumbled freeze-dried berries; dust with powdered sugar.
- Serving size: 1 donut