- 2 Tbsp jerk sauce
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s)
- 4 tsp peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large, peeled, deveined, patted dry
- 3 cup(s), sliced orange bell pepper, and yellow beller peppers strips (1/4-inch wide)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
Combine jerk sauce and orange juice in small bowl; set aside. Thinly slice scallions, separating green sections from white sections.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok (or 12-inch skillet) over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact; swirl in oil. Add white parts of scallion and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Push scallion mixture to sides of wok and carefully add shrimp; spreading them evenly in one layer. Cook undisturbed, 1 minute, until shrimp begin to sear; using a metal spatula, stir-fry 30 seconds, incorporating scallion mixture, until shrimp are orange but not cooked through.
Add peppers and sprinkle with salt; stir-fry 15 seconds or until just combined. Swirl in jerk sauce mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked and vegetables are tender-crisp. Sprinkle on scallion greens; serve.
Serving size: 1 1/2 c
- This is not a saucy stir-fry - the seasonings lightly coat the shrimp and vegetables. Two tablespoons of jerk sauce yield a medium-spiced dish. Add more or less to taste.