- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
- 8 oz uncooked baby potatoes, red variety
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese, mashed with a fork
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 6 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, or roughly torn
- 1 medium English cucumber(s), halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
In a container large enough to hold steak, whisk together 4 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp oil, garlic, 1/4 tsp oregano, thyme and pepper. Lightly score steak on both sides, place in dish with marinade and turn to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes or refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; add potatoes and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer potatoes until tender, 7-10 minutes; drain and plunge into cold water. Drain; set aside to cool.
Place oven rack 3 to 4 inches from broiler; turn broiler to high. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steak dry; broil, 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes.
While steak rests, in a small air-tight container, combine remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp oregano, mashed feta, water and salt. Cover container; shake vigorously until creamy (some small chunks of cheese are fine).
Pat potatoes dry; slice each one in half. Thinly slice steak against grain.
When ready to serve, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and potatoes in a serving bowl; top with steak and drizzle with dressing.
Serving size: 3 oz steak, 2 cups potato-vegetable mixture, 1 Tbsp dressing