Steak Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing
Fresh lemon juice
6 Tbsp, divided
3 Tbsp, divided
1 medium clove(s), minced
½ tsp, divided
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
Uncooked baby potatoes
8 oz, red variety
Crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp, mashed with a fork
6 cup(s), shredded, or roughly torn
1 medium, halved, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), halved
- In a container large enough to hold steak, whisk together 4 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp oil, garlic, 1/4 tsp oregano, thyme and pepper. Lightly score steak on both sides, place in dish with marinade and turn to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes or refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; add potatoes and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer potatoes until tender, 7-10 minutes; drain and plunge into cold water. Drain; set aside to cool.
- Place oven rack 3 to 4 inches from broiler; turn broiler to high. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steak dry; broil, 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While steak rests, in a small air-tight container, combine remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp oregano, mashed feta, water and salt. Cover container; shake vigorously until creamy (some small chunks of cheese are fine).
- Pat potatoes dry; slice each one in half. Thinly slice steak against grain.
- When ready to serve, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and potatoes in a serving bowl; top with steak and drizzle with dressing.
- Serving size: 3 oz steak, 2 cups potato-vegetable mixture and 1 tbsp dressing