Spinach-pesto orecchiette with shrimp & mushrooms
Fresh baby spinach
2 oz, packed
¼ cup(s), packed
Unsalted dry roasted pistachio nuts
⅛ cup(s), 2 Tbsp
1 medium clove(s)
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked orecchiette pasta
4 tsp, divided
16 large, peeled and deveined
1½ cup(s), chopped
12 oz, assorted, cleaned, and sliced
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), thawed
Grated Parmesan cheese
- To make pesto, combine spinach, basil, pistachios, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small food processor; pulse to chop. Scrape down sides with a spatula. With processor running, drizzle in 1 Tbsp oil; process until combined. Adjust seasonings if necessary and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain (reserve 1 cup cooking water), and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil and shrimp; sauté 2 minutes per side, until just pink. Remove from pan; set aside. Add onions to skillet; sauté until they start to soften, about 5 minutes (use some cooking spray if they stick to pan). Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 Tbsp oil to pan; sauté until softened yet crispy, 8-10 minutes. Add pasta, peas, shrimp, and pesto to skillet; stir to coat well (stir in some reserved pasta cooking water to loosen sauce, if desired).
- Serve immediately sprinkled with cheese.
- Serving size: 2 cups (includes 4 shrimp) and 1/2 Tbsp cheese