SmartPoints® value per serving
If breakfast is the most important meal of the day then this simple omelet will help you start every day just right. In under 20 minutes you can be eating the warm, cheesy omelet filled with savory spinach. Cool your cooked spinach faster by placing on a plate, uncovered in your refrigerator for about 2 minutes. To make more omelets ready at the same time, heat your oven to 300 degrees and once you have folded your omelet place on a baking sheet. Place folded omelets in your preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are completely set. If you want more vegetables in your omelet, add some chopped tomatoes and a bit of fresh herbs like thyme or dill.
2½ cup(s), coarsely chopped (do not dry)
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook spinach with just the water that clings to it until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Drain well, squeezing out all liquid. Cool, then chop finely.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon water.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil. Pour egg mixture into pan; reduce heat and cook until base is set and top is still a little creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle spinach over one half of eggs; fold omelet in half and cook until eggs are completely set, about 1 minute longer. Serve at once.