Spinach-artichoke stuffed shells
Uncooked jumbo shells
12 shell(s), about 3 5/8 ounces
3 large clove(s), minced
Fresh baby spinach
Canned artichoke hearts without oil
14 oz, drained and chopped
Canned cannellini beans
15 oz, drained and rinsed
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 oz, shredded and divided
Jarred fat-free marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Coat pan with nonstick spray. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook, tossing frequently, until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Stir in artichokes, salt, and black pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- In a food processor or mini food processor, process beans and 2 tbsp water until smooth. Add puréed beans and half of cheese to spinach mixture; stir well to combine.
- Lightly coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with nonstick spray. In bottom of dish, spread marinara. Into pasta shells, stuff spinach mixture (about 3 tbsp each). In prepared baking dish, arrange stuffed shells and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese melts and filling is thoroughly heated, about 20 minutes. Turn on broiler; broil until cheese lightly browns, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serving size: 3 stuffed shells and about ⅓ cup sauce