Spinach-artichoke stuffed shells
Uncooked jumbo shells
12 shell(s), about 3 5/8 ounces
3 large clove(s), minced
Fresh baby spinach
Canned artichoke hearts without oil
14 oz, drained and chopped
Canned cannellini beans
15 oz, drained and rinsed
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 oz, shredded and divided
Jarred fat-free marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook, tossing frequently, until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and artichokes. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine beans and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor or mini food processor; process until smooth. Add pureed beans and half of cheese to spinach mixture; stir well to combine.
- Lightly coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread marinara sauce in bottom of dish. Stuff spinach mixture evenly into pasta shells (about 3 tablespoons each). Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish and sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F until cheese melts and filling is thoroughly heated, about 20 minutes. Turn on broiler; broil until cheese lightly browns, 1-2 minutes.
- Serving size: 3 stuffed shells and about ⅓ cup sauce