Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh spinach, baby leaves, washed and dried*
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned artichoke hearts without oil, drained
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 7 1/2-inch deep-dish glass or ceramic pie plate (or oval oven-proof dish) with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, artichokes hearts, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and cream cheese; puree until smooth. Using a spatula, scrape dip into prepared dish; smooth top into an even layer. Bake until golden on top, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Serve warm. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
If your food processor isn’t big enough to accommodate the spinach, either chop the spinach roughly or work in batches.*If you don’t have fresh spinach on hand, try frozen.