Spicy mayo, tangy carrot slaw and fresh cucumbers are a fabulous Vietnamese-inspired way to spice up hot dogs.
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded carrot(s)
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- 4 serving(s) light beef or pork hot dog(s)
- 4 item(s) light wheat hot dog roll(s)
- 1/4 large cucumber(s), seedless, cut into 16 thin slices
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, leaves
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), sliced (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar and salt; add carrots and scallions, toss and let stand for at least 15 minutes or overnight (refrigerated).
In another small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and sriracha.
Grill hot dogs and buns to desired degree of doneness.
Spread each toasted bun with 1 Tbsp mayonnaise mixture and layer with 4 cucumber slices; top each with a hot dog, about 1/4 c carrot mixture, 1 Tbsp cilantro and a few jalapeno slices.
Serving size: 1 hot dog
- This mayo is spicy! Use less sriracha if desired.