Spiced-up rotisserie-style chicken
2 medium, red variety or cherry peppers, cut into chunks (do not seed)
2 medium, cut into 2-inch lengths
3 large clove(s), crushed with side of large knife
fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp, (reserve rind)
canned tomato paste
1 tsp, smoked variety
canned chicken broth
raw skinless boneless light and dark meat chicken
1⅔ pound(s), 1 (3 1/4-pound) whole chicken, skin and giblets removed
- Combine peppers, scallions, garlic, lime juice, oil, tomato paste, and seasonings in blender; process until it forms thick puree. In cup, whisk together 3 tablespoon puree and broth; reserve.
- Place chicken, breast-side up, on long sheet of foil. Tuck wings under; tie legs with kitchen twine. Insert 2 short bamboo skewers to secure thighs against body. Cut reserved lime rind into wedges and stuff into chicken. With knife, poke holes in breast and leg. Brush remaining puree all over chicken.
- Place wire rack in 6- to 8-quart Instant Pot. Pour in pepper-broth mixture. Lift chicken by foil and set on rack. Poke several holes in bottom of foil so juices can drain. Gather foil up to cover bottom half of chicken. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 20 minutes for 6-quart Instant Pot and 16 minutes for 8-quart. When time is up, remove lid; instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh (not touching bone) should register 165°F. If needed, set for additional 5 minutes of cooking time.
- When time is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure. Remove lid. Lift chicken with rack and place on cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes. Leave pan juices in pot. Remove skewers and cut chicken into 4 portions.
- Press Sauté and set cooking time for 15 minutes. Let juices come to boil; boil, uncovered, until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Pour pan juices into gravy boat and skim off fat from surface. Serve with chicken.
- Per serving: 1/4 of chicken and 1/4 cup pan juices