Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak and Portobello Salad
Uncooked lean flank steak
1 medium clove(s), sliced
Sherry cooking wine
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
1 cup(s), or grape tomatoes, about 8 average
10 small, approximately, quartered, (equivalent 1 1/2 cups)
2 head(s), cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
½ cup(s), chopped
- Combine basil, oregano and lemon pepper seasoning in a shallow medium bowl or plate. Rub both sides of steak with garlic and oil; dredge in spice mixture until well-coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of sherry and cook steak about 5 minutes per side. Remove and transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing crosswise against the grain into 8 very thin slices.
- While steak is resting, add remaining tablespoon of sherry to skillet. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté about 1 minute; set aside.
- Toss lettuce, scallions, mushrooms and tomatoes with vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Divide salad mixture between four plates. Top with steak. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of salad and 2 slices of steak per serving.