Spanish-Style Stewed Chicken with Tomatoes
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked skinless boneless chicken thigh(s)
1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound thighs)
1 small, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, (1 can)
2 oz, (1/4 cup), green variety, pitted and chopped
¼ cup(s), dry
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon pepper and salt. Spray a large skillet with olive-oil nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, paprika, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until mixture comes to boil, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Divide chicken evenly among 4 plates. Stir parsley into sauce and top chicken evenly with sauce.
- Per serving (1 chicken thigh and ½ cup sauce)