- 1 1/4 cup(s) uncooked radiatore, or medium shells (4 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s), chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), diced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper(s), or green, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting the salt, if desired. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again.
Meanwhile, toss together the lime juice, oil, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, bell peppers, onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and pasta; toss to coat. Yields 2 cups per serving.
- You can also use cut-up cooked chicken that is available in the meat department of most supermarkets. This recipe can easily be doubled, which makes it a great dish for company.To keep fresh cilantro, trim the stem ends and put it into a glass that contains about one inch of cold water. Cover the cilantro with a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator. Before using cilantro, be sure to rinse well as it tends to be sandy.