Enjoy this as a side dish to chicken or fish, or serve with a salad for a lovely weeknight vegetarian meal.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic, chopped
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 15 1/2 oz canned drained chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), halved
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook until softened, stirring a few times, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in spinach; cook, stirring a few times, 2 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper flakes; cook just until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 2 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and lemon zest, if desired.