Simply delicious lasagna
1 pound(s), or white variety, sliced
Fresh baby spinach
9 oz, (1 bag)
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
¾ pound(s), (7% fat or less)
1 small, chopped
2 large clove(s), minced
Canned crushed tomatoes
Canned tomato sauce
Red pepper flakes
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup(s), thinly sliced
Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their liquid and it is almost evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add spinach in batches. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. With slotted spoon, transfer spinach mixture to bowl. Discard liquid.
- Spray same skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic and cook, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella,2 tablespoons Parmesan, and 1/4 cup basil in medium bowl.
- Spread one-third of beef mixture in bottom of 6-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna noodles in half and arrange over beef, breaking to fit as needed. Scatter one-third of mushroom mixture over noodles and top with half of ricotta mixture. Spoon half of remaining beef on top; break remaining 3 noodles in half and arrange on top of beef. Top with remaining mushrooms, ricotta, beef, and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook until noodles are tender when pierced with knife, 3–4 hours on Low. Uncover and turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and 3 tablespoons Parmesan over lasagna. Cover and set aside until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup basil. Cut into 8 portions.
- Per serving: 1 portion