2 Tbsp, raw
Low sodium soy sauce
Sherry (dry or sweet)
1 tsp, fresh, minced
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), cut into 2-inch strips
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture. Yields about 4 strips per serving.