Scrambled Egg Whites with Cheese and Home Fries
- 8 small uncooked red potato(es), diced
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped (use both green and white parts)
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1 cube(s) chicken bouillon cube, without MSG (about 4 g)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste, divided
- 12 large egg white(s)
- 4 oz low fat American cheese single(s), torn or shredded
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover them. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, scallions, 1/3 cup of water, bouillon cube, vinegar and paprika; bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed (or evaporates) and potatoes are golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove potatoes from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper and cover to keep warm.
- Coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray (or spoon potatoes onto a serving plate, cover to keep warm and reuse skillet) and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cheese and cook until whites are cooked through, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup of eggs and 1/2 cup of home fries per serving.
*Could affect SmartPoints value.