Scallop, corn and tomato salad
uncooked sugar snap peas
1 medium, kernels removed with a knife*
white wine vinegar
½ tsp, divided
¼ tsp, divided
2 medium, chopped (about 1 lb)
1 pound(s), fresh (use sea scallops)
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add peas and corn; return to a boil and simmer until peas and corn are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain vegetables, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add tomatoes; toss and let stand 10 minutes until tomatoes release juices.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove scallops from heat; set aside.
- Add peas, corn and basil to tomato mixture; toss to mix and coat.
- Divide scallops among four plates; top each with 1/4 of vegetable mixture. Yields about 4 to 5 scallops and 1 1/2 cups of vegetables per serving.