Zucchini is available year-round and makes a great side dish no matter the season. We sauteed it and then tossed it with herbs and feta cheese for fabulous flavor.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and oregano; sauté until zucchini is golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and add parsley; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta cheese over top just before serving. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Feel free to swap yellow squash for the zucchini.If you've never purchased anything but Greek feta cheese, you might want to try French feta for its mild, creamy taste or Bulgarian feta for its exceptional tanginess.