- 1/2 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 8 cup(s) uncooked green snap beans, fresh, trimmed, or thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place almonds in a large dry skillet and place pan over medium heat. Cook until nuts are golden brown, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove nuts from pan; set aside.
Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook , stirring, 1 minute. Add string beans and sauté 1 minute. Add broth to pan; cover and steam until string beans are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper; stir to coat. Remove from heat; stir in toasted almonds. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- For variety, substitute pine nuts for almonds. Toast them just as you would the almonds. You may also use wax beans, snap peas or snow peas, if desired.