- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked sweet potato(es), grated
- 1 pound(s) uncooked zucchini, grated
- 4 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, or parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium fresh lime(s), cut into wedges
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Line a colander with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Add sweet potatoes, zucchini and scallions; let drain, then squeeze out any liquid with your hands.
In a large bowl, mix egg, cheese, flour, cilantro, chili powder and salt; add sweet potato mixture and stir to combine.
Drop potato mixture in mounds, using a 1/4-cup measure, onto prepared baking sheets. Press each mound into a 3-inch round (about 1/4-inch thick).
Coat latkes with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes. Remove pans from oven and rotate pans in oven; bake until browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more. Serve with sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Yields 1 latke and about 1 teaspoon sour cream per serving.
- Loosely pack the poatoes in the 1/4-cup measure for the best results