Santa Fe sweet potato and zucchini latkes
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
1½ pound(s), grated
WW Reduced fat shredded Mexican style blend cheese
1 pound(s), grated
4 medium, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
¼ cup(s), or parsley, chopped
Reduced-fat sour cream
1 medium, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Line a colander with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Add sweet potatoes, zucchini and scallions; let drain, then squeeze out any liquid with your hands.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, cheese, flour, cilantro, chili powder and salt; add sweet potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Drop potato mixture in mounds, using a 1/4-cup measure, onto prepared baking sheets. Press each mound into a 3-inch round (about 1/4-inch thick).
- Coat latkes with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes. Remove pans from oven and rotate pans in oven; bake until browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more. Serve with sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Yields 1 latke and about 1 teaspoon sour cream per serving.