Roasted red peppers with capers and sherry vinaigrette
SmartPoints® value per serving
This 3-in-one recipe is hard to beat! Featuring sweet bell peppers, enhanced by the roasting process and enhanced by the robust Dijon and briny capers, you can have this dish on the table in under an hour. Extremely versatile, serve this as a side dish, a topping for chicken or a sandwich filling. With chicken, add a sauteed leafy green such as spinach, kale or Swiss chard for color and textural variety. If you cannot locate sherry vinegar in your supermarket, try rice wine vinegar for a similar result.
Sweet red pepper(s)
4 medium, halved, cored, seeded, deribbed
2 Tbsp, drained
- Set oven rack so it’s 6 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put pepper halves skin-side up on prepared baking sheet; broil until skins completely blacken, rotating baking sheet a few times so peppers broil evenly, 10 to 15 minutes depending on strength of broiler.
- Immediately transfer pepper halves to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap to trap in steam (steam will help loosen the skins); let peppers sit until cool enough to handle, 10-15 minutes.
- Hold a pepper half in your hand under running water; rub off and discard charred skin with your fingers. Repeat with remaining peppers; roughly chop peeled peppers (or cut into strips).
- Whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard. Arrange peppers on a serving platter; sprinkle with capers and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving size: 1/4 c