Roasted Red Peppers with Capers and Sherry Vinaigrette
- Total Time
Serve this as a side dish, a topping for chicken or a sandwich filling.
sweet red pepper(s)4 medium, halved, cored, seeded, deribbed
sherry vinegar1 Tbsp
olive oil1 Tbsp
Dijon Mustard1 tsp
capers2 Tbsp, drained
- Set oven rack so it’s 6 inches from broiler; preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put pepper halves skin-side up on prepared baking sheet; broil until skins completely blacken, rotating baking sheet a few times so peppers broil evenly, 10 to 15 minutes depending on strength of broiler.
- Immediately transfer pepper halves to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap to trap in steam (steam will help loosen the skins); let peppers sit until cool enough to handle, 10-15 minutes.
- Hold a pepper half in your hand under running water; rub off and discard charred skin with your fingers. Repeat with remaining peppers; roughly chop peeled peppers (or cut into strips).
- Whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard. Arrange peppers on a serving platter; sprinkle with capers and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving size: 1/4 c