Roasted Parmesan Broccolini
- Total Time
After washing the Broccolini, shake out as much water as possible and then pat it dry with a kitchen towel. If the Broccolini is wet, it will steam in the oven instead of browning.
uncooked baby broccoli1 pound(s), or broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
olive oil1 Tbsp
olive oil2 tsp
minced garlic2 tsp
table salt½ tsp
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano3 Tbsp
sliced almonds¼ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Evenly divide Broccolini between prepared pans. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle on garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Gently toss with hands to distribute seasonings; spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with grated cheese; roast until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until golden, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; allow to cool.
- Sprinkle almonds over Broccolini; serve.
- Serving size: 4 to 5 Broccolini spears plus 2 tsp almonds