- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice Brussels sprouts in half, if large; place on prepared baking sheet. Add oil, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper; toss well to coat. Roast, stirring and rotating pan halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.Meanwhile, combine vinegar, maple syrup and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; set over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring frequently, until thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes.Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish; drizzle with syrup mixture just before serving. Yields about a heaping 3/4 cup per serving.
- Do not cook the drizzle too long or it can become sticky and hard.