Roasted Beet & Vegetable Salad
3 medium, rinsed
1 bunch(es), leaves chopped, stems sliced
Soft-type goat cheese
1 bunch(es), halved, cut into 3-inch pieces
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into 2-inch wedges
½ medium, Juice and zest
1 medium clove(s), grated
Shelled pistachio nuts
¼ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Wrap each beet in foil; roast on a sheet pan 45-50 minutes, until tender. When cool, remove skin. Slice into 1-inch wedges.
- Drizzle chard stems with ½ tsp of oil; season with salt and pepper. Place carrot and onion on a sheet pan; drizzle with 1 tsp of oil; season; toss to coat. Roast 20 minutes. Add chard stems; roast 5 to 6 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- In a nonstick pan, heat ½ tsp of oil on medium-high. Add pistachios and fennel seeds; season and toast, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in orange zest. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil on medium-high. Add chard leaves and 1 tsp of water; season and cook until slightly wilted and liquid has cooked off.
- Whisk together orange juice, garlic, mustard, and vinegar; season. Slowly whisk in 3 ½ tsp of oil.
- Toss cooked chard with half the dressing. Top with beets, vegetables, and cheese. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with the crumble.