Peppery arugula and hot horseradish give this recipe great bite. It’s so much more than your average roast beef sandwich.
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 tsp store-bought horseradish
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- 4 slice(s) reduced-calorie rye bread, toasted
- 4 oz deli style roast beef slice(s), thinly sliced (four 1-oz slices)
- 1 medium plum tomato(es), cut into eight slices
- 1 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves
In a small cup, mix together mayonnaise, horseradish and pepper until blended. Spread about 1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise mixture on each slice of bread.
Top each of 2 slices of bread with 2 slices roast beef, 4 slices tomato and 1/2 cup arugula. Cover with remaining bread slices and serve. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
- Plum tomatoes are a good choice for this sandwich because they are less juicy than other tomatoes and won't make the bread soggy.