Raspberry cream tostadas
SmartPoints® value per serving
This pretty-as-a-picture dessert is a welcome change from the typical wintertime and early spring fruits. You should give frozen blueberries a try, too. This version, which takes less than half an hour to make and calls for just 6 ingredients, features flour tortilla circles spiced with cinnamon and sugar, then baked to crispy perfection. Arrange the creamy raspberries over half of the tortilla circles, close them up with the remaining circles, and this gorgeous-looking, fun yet flavorful treat is ready to serve. It really doesn't get much easier than that! You can also bake the cinnamon-sugar tortilla layers in advance to save on any last-minute preparation time.
Butter flavour cooking spray
Fat free flour tortilla(s)
Lite whipped topping
Sweetened frozen red raspberries
1 cup(s), partially thawed or 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut 3 circles from each tortilla for a total of 12 circles. Discard tortilla scraps.
- Place tortilla circles on an ungreased cookie sheet; coat lightly with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a cup; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake until crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Gently fold whipped topping into raspberries.
- Arrange 1 tortilla circle on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture; top each with a second tortilla circle. Layer each with an additional 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture; top each with a remaining tortilla circle. Yields 1 tostada per serving.