Raspberry Cream Tostadas
- Total Time
This pretty-as-a-picture dessert is a welcome change from the typical wintertime and early spring fruits. Give frozen blueberries a try, too.
butter flavour cooking spray1 spray(s)
fat free flour tortilla(s)4 large
ground cinnamon¼ tsp
lite whipped topping1 cup(s)
sweetened frozen red raspberries1 cup(s), partially thawed or 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut 3 circles from each tortilla for a total of 12 circles. Discard tortilla scraps.
- Place tortilla circles on an ungreased cookie sheet; coat lightly with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a cup; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake until crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Gently fold whipped topping into raspberries.
- Arrange 1 tortilla circle on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture; top each with a second tortilla circle. Layer each with an additional 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture; top each with a remaining tortilla circle. Yields 1 tostada per serving. (Note: You can bake the cinnamon-sugar tortilla layers in advance to save on last-minute preparation time.)