Raspberry-Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- Total Time
These cookies are made with less butter than the traditional recipe but they’re still incredibly delicious. Use any type of jam you prefer.
all-purpose flour2 cup(s)
baking powder½ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
sugar¾ cup(s), granulated
unsalted butter⅓ cup(s), softened
whole milk¼ cup(s)
almond extract1 tsp
sliced almonds½ cup(s), lightly toasted and chopped
cooking spray4 spray(s)
reduced sugar raspberry jam⅓ cup(s)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add milk and almond extract; beat well.
- Stir flour mixture and almonds into sugar mixture until combined; cover bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Roll level tablespoons of dough into 32 balls; place about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press an indentation into center of each ball using your thumb. Using a small spoon, fill indentations with jam.
- Bake until bottoms of cookies turn golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheets for 1 or 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.