Ramen noodle soup with jammy eggs
4 large egg(s), at room temperature
Fresh shiitake mushroom
6 oz, stems removed, caps sliced (about 3 cups)
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 large clove(s), minced
1 Tbsp, peeled fresh, minced
2 tsp, peeled fresh, minced
¼ cup(s), or to taste
Uncooked bok choy
12 oz, (2 heads) baby variety, stalks halved lengthwise and sliced
Fresh ramen noodles uncooked
½ cup(s), halved crosswise diagonally
1 medium, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 medium, sliced
½ cup(s), chopped
Garlic chili paste
2 tsp, or sambal oelek
- Fill medium saucepan half full of water and bring to boil over high heat. Add eggs to water and boil gently 61/2 minutes. Fill medium bowl with ice water. Add eggs and let cool 3 minutes. Carefully peel eggs and set aside.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add garlic and 1 tablespoon ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and soy sauce and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add bok choy, noodles, snow peas, and carrot. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 teaspoons ginger, the scallions, and cilantro. Season with more soy sauce, if desired. Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls. Halve eggs and put 2 halves into each bowl. Top each serving with 1/2 teaspoon garlic-chili paste.
- Serving size: 2 cups soup and 1 egg