2 small, minced
1 medium clove(s), minced
1½ cup(s), rinsed (unless pre-rinsed)
½ cup(s), chopped
Canned chicken broth
Salted dry-roasted pistachio nuts
⅓ cup(s), coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped, or more to taste
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add quinoa and toast for 1 minute. Stir in raisins, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour in broth and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until quinoa bursts skin and is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Cover quinoa and set aside for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff quinoa with fork. Repeat several times as quinoa will become lighter as it cools. Just before serving, sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro.
- Serving size: about 1⁄2 cup